100 Infographic Tools and Resources
February 29, 2012
by Eric Enno Tamm.
Average Reading Time: about 3 minutes.
The following list of links comes from
a blog post by Chris McConnell, the Founder and Editor of DailyTekk. This is the most comprehensive list of infographic and data visualization resources that I have found online. McConnell has also categorized the 100 resources under five headings and provided a short description of the resource. The Best Blogs and Websites About Infographics
- Awesome community for creating and sharing infographics.
– The relationship between design and information.
- Making sense of complex issues through data and design.
- A resource for the visualization of complex networks.
- A new infographic every day.
- GOOD Magazine’s excellent infographics section.
Information Is Beautiful
– Ideas, issues, knowledge, data – visualized.
Infographic of the Day
– Fast Company’s excellent and long running series.
- Exploring how designers, scientists visualize data.
– A visual library offering infographics.
- There’s an infographic for it… even if it didn’t happen!
– All about infographics.
– An infographics blog from India.
– Motion infographics that explain, educate or inform.
– A news and knowledge resource for data visualization.
– 80% of the news in infographics.
– Reflections on the visual communication of data.
- Cool information graphics.
- Share and rate infographics.
The Infographics Showcase
– Collecting infographics.
I Love Charts
– A Tumblr blog about charts.
Well Formed Data
– An infographics blog by a freelance data visualizer.
– Pointing you toward great infographics.
– For those who love infographics. Data Visualization Tools and Software
– Transforms your information into memorable presentations.
- Create interactive charts and infographics.
– Like Photoshop for data. Graph visualization and manipulation software.
- Free data visualization software.
Free Vector Infographic Kit
– Vector infographic elements from MediaLoot.
– Web-based analysis and visualization environment.
– A web-based data visualization tool.
– See your data on a map.
– A suite of powerful Drupal visualization modules.
– Information visualization software.
– Desktop and online software for mapping and visualization.
– Online diagram and flowchart software.
– Online charts builder.
– Lets you upload data and create visualizations.
Google Chart Wizard
– Generate image charts. Data Sources
– Find and understand data.
– Explore, visualize and publish geographic information.
– Provides overviews of political influence data for politicians.
US Census Bureau
– Measures America (people, places, economy).
– An entity graph of people, places and things from Google.
World Bank Data
– The world at a glance (key development indicators).
– Telling compelling and data-driven stories.
– You ask, they count.
– Public opinion polls.
– Uncovers info on large cities contained in government databases.
– Helps you collect, organize and communicate your everyday data.
Google Public Data
- Filter and animate data sets from around the world.
- Displays time series of development statistics for all countries.
- Graphical visualization of text similarities in essays.